What does it mean to be a conservative in an age so sceptical of conservatism?
The Telegraph - 15.12.2014
Whether or not our political class has the ability or the will to control immigration, we have to accept that many of the millions who have come to this country in the last two decades are here to stay, and will need to be housed.
Forbes Online - 15.9.2014
Whatever the result of the forthcoming referendum, the relations between England and Scotland will henceforth undergo a profound change.
Forbes Online - 30.8.2014
A story of rampant child abuse—ignored and abetted by the police—is emerging out of the British town of Rotherham.
Forbes Online - 3.6.2014
The recent elections to the European Parliament produced something more than the usual protest vote against the ruling Party in each country of the Union. Possibly for the first time they were about Europe, rather than the policies of its constituent nations.
- The Good of Government
- Is Europe still defensible from invasion?
- Should the English also have a right to decide on Scottish Independence?
- Notes from Underground
- Review of Bernard Williams, Essays and Reviews 1959-2002
- Review of Peter Watson, The Age of Nothing
- Stand up for the real meaning of conservatism
- Poverty, the market and the state
- The questions that have no answers
- Democracy and Islamic Law